Chateauneuf-du-Pape wine tasting – Feb 26, 2015
Chateauneuf-du-Pape – The almost perfect wine
Did you ever wonder how a perfect wine will taste? Of course, the perfect wine for somebody can be different than the perfect wine for somebody else, but for Robert Parker, The Wine Advocate, the wine we propose now for tasting, scored almost there. He granted 99+ points (out of 100) to this Chateauneuf-du-Papes Domaine de la Mordoree La Reine de Bois from 2010.
So, we say “let’s give it a try” to see for how many people (from a maximum of 12🙂 ) this wine is perfect. And we added several others prestigious labels from the same very famous area to compare:
- 2011 Domaine du Vieux Lazaret Chateauneuf du Pape BLANC
- 2009 Clos des Papes Chateauneuf du Pape (95 pct.)
- 2010 La Grande Veneur ‘Les Origines’ Chateauneuf du Pape (95 pct.)
- 2005 Tardieu-Laurent ‘Cuvee Speciale’ Chateauneuf du Pape (96 pct.)
- 2006 Domaine Cristia Chateauneuf du Pape (92 pct.)
- 2006 Domaine du Vieux Lazaret Cuvee Exceptionele Chateauneuf du Pape (90 pct.)
- 2007 E. Guigal Chateauneuf du Pape (93 pct.)
- 2010 Domaine de la Mordoree La Reine de Bois Chateauneuf du Pape (99+ pct.)
As usually, the wine tasting will take place at Restaurant Dada, 94 bis Matei Voievod street (yes, I know, we need to try new places…. we are working on this) on Thursday, February 26th, at 19:30. There are 12 available sits and each one costs 250 lei which includes the wine, the water and our very enjoyable presence.