Wine dinners Ep 1
On SAT, March 12th, a new serie of wine related events begins in Bucharest. This is an initiative started a few years ago by the team behind the blog Cellartales that already organized several dinners in other cities outside Bucharest (Sibiu and Dragasani area so far). The aim of this initiative is to bring together wine lovers and organize thematic wine dinners. Now this move starts in Bucharest as well, assisted by From grapes to wine, and the objective is to have such an event organized every 5-6 weeks. The theme of these wine dinners will be announced in advance and suggestions will be accepted as well. The group of participants will not exceed 14 people.
Our first event will take place tomorrow and is dedicated to old vintages of Bordeaux. The seats for this event were occupied within 3 days from spreading the word so any prior advertising was no longer necessary. The cost per seat for this event was 175 Ron and includes tasting of all the wines, water and a plate with cheese, grilled vegetables and some charcuterie products.
For anyone interested to attend the next similar event, please send an email with your details to my address: email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org . The seats will always be limited to 14 people and the cost per seat will be around 35-40 Eur per person. If there is interest to try higher end wines this cost may increase.
Here are the wines for the first Wine dinner event:
– 2000 Grand cru Blanc de Blancs Demiere Ansiot
—- H. Goutorbe Cuvee Prestige 1er Cru NV brut
—- Rose brut Loriot-Pagel NV
– 2007 Riesling Smaragd Kellerberg Domaine Wachau
– 2007 Riesling Hochacker Nigl
– 2000 Riesling Smaragd Loibner Berg F.X. Pichler
– 1970 Chateau La Tour Figeac Grand cru classe in Magnum
– 1985 Grand cru classe Chateau Fonplegade
– 1985 Grand cru classe Chateau Smith-Haut-Laffite
– 1996 Cru bourgeois exceptionelle Chateau d’Angludet
– 1996 Grand cru classe Chateau l’Arrosee
– 2000 Chateau Rayne-Vigneau Sauternes 1er cru classe in Magnum
Will come back with tasting notes and feedback about the event after the weekend. Meanwhile, close up pictures with the wines of this event could be watched here.
Enjoy the weekend !
Thanks for reading!